The Congressional Budget Office has come out with the numbers for Trumpcare (excuse me, The American Health Care Act), and here’s the good news. The deficit could be lowered by $33.7 billion a year. Of course, that accomplishment come from moving costs to the state as well as taking people off Medicaid and government subsidies. For example, Oregon will have to pay 35 percent of health costs instead of the 95 percent that the federal government now covers.
The bad news for Trumpcare by the numbers:
- 54 million individuals uninsured in ten years, double projections for ACA, according to a leaked White House analysis.
- 24 million fewer people with coverage by next year.
- 14 million more uninsured people in one year.
- 14 million fewer people with Medicaid coverage in 10 years.
- 7 million fewer people with employer-sponsored coverage in 10 years.
- 2 million fewer people not buying health insurance each year.
View original post 1,336 more words